Keith Bullen papers.
Scope and Contents
Miscellaneous papers and photographs relating to Bullen's university and mathematical career.
- 1920 - 1977
- Bullen, K. E. (Keith Edward) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Keith Edward Bullen (1906-1976), mathematician and geophysicist. Born in Auckland in June 1906, Bullen studied and taught mathamatics at the Auckland University College during the 1920s and in 1931 took leave from Auckland to study towards a PHd at St John's College, University of Cambridge returning in 1934. In 1940 Bullen moved to Melbourne, Australia, to take up a senior lectureship then in 1945 he was appointed Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Sydney a post he held until he retired in 1971. After his retirement from Sydney Bullen taught at the International Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering in Tokyo and at the University of British Columbia.
0.02 metres (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Anonymous donation, 1986.
- Auckland University College -- General subdivision--Faculty.;
- College teachers -- New Zealand -- Auckland
- Mathematicians -- New Zealand -- Biography
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching -- New Zealand
- Seismologists -- New Zealand -- Biography
- University of New Zealand -- General subdivision--Faculty.;
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand