NHBS 11: Papers relating to the revision of the British Laws of the New Hebrides by Mr. B. C. Ballard.
Scope and Contents
These records form part of the Western Pacific Archives (MSS & Archives 2003/1).
- Great Britain. High Commission for Western Pacific Islands (Organization)
- New Hebrides. British Service. Office of the Resident Commissioner (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
RESTRICTED. Access requires the permission of the Special Collections Manager.
Biographical / Historical
The New Hebrides British Service was established under the Anglo-French New Hebrides Convention of 1906 which provided for joint rule of the New Hebrides by France and Great Britain. It formed part of the Western Pacific High Commission with a Resident Commissioner in Port Vila reporting to the High Commissioner, until the Commission ceased in 1978. The New Hebrides was renamed Vanuatu at independence in 1980.
0.2 metres (1 box)
Language of Materials
In off-site storage. Expect delay of 12-24 hours from time of order.
- Great Britain. Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Organization)
- Inventory of the papers relating to the revision of the British Laws of the New Hebrides by Mr B. C. Ballard.
- Western Pacific Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Western Pacific Archives, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1010 New Zealand
+64 9 9238060