Fergus Sheppard New Zealand architects and buildings collection (the Sheppard Collection).
Scope and Contents
- Majority of material found in 1920s-2010s
- Sheppard, Fergus George Frederick (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
In 1959 he was appointed the government architect and remained in that role until his retirement in 1971. During his time in this capacity he was involved with the design of the Beehive, the Auckland Airport, and Middlemore Hospital.
He was chairman of the Wellington Branch of the Institute of Architects and went to hold key roles with the New Zealand Institute of Architects at national level.
50 metres (64 filing cabinet drawers, 32 card index drawers, 6 boxes.)
Language of Materials
- Inventory of the Fergus Sheppard New Zealand architects and buildings collection (the Sheppard Collection).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Architecture Archive, The University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand