New Zealand Labour Party, Hunua Electorate Committee records.
Scope and Contents
At the 1978 General Election, Mr Malcolm Douglas, the Labour candidate for Hunua, won the seat with a majority of 301 votes. Because of irregularities, however, the Electoral Court order a recount. As a result of this, nearly 500 votes were disallowed and the National candidate, Mr Winston Peters, gained a majority of 192 votes. The collection consists of interview sheets, registration cards, disallowed and allowed special votes, submissions and court papers.
- 1978 - 1979
- Peters, Winston (Person)
- New Zealand Labour Party. Hunua Branch. Electorate Committee (Organization)
- Douglas, Malcolm (politician) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
1 metres (8 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Inventory of the records of the New Zealand Labour Party, Hunua Electorate Committee, 1978-1979.
- Kay Stead
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand