University of Auckland Public Relations Division photographic collection.
Scope and Contents
A wide range of photographs have been donated by the University's public relations office over the years. This collection includes photographs of sites and buildings, staff and students, and University occasions, mostly used for publicity purposes including these University publications: University of Auckland news, Annual report, Annual review, and Research report. Some digital images of these photographs are available.
- 1876 - 1998
- Majority of material found within 1970 - 1998
Conditions Governing Access
1 metres (10 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the External Relations Office, University of Auckland, April 2007. Material relating to the 1970s-1980s came from former Information Office staff member and editor of
University news, Pam Russell, in February 2005, and incorporated into collection.
- University of Auckland -- Form subdivision--Photographs.;
- Inventory of the University of Auckland, Department of External Relations, Public Relations Division photographic collection, 1879-1998.
- Maia King Hoey and Stephen Innes.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand