Isabel Maud Peacocke literary papers.
Scope and Contents
Collection contains, memorabilia, photographs, manuscripts and the some of the original illustrations for Peacocke's works.
- 1893 - 1954
- Peacocke, Isabel M. (Isabel Maud) (Person)
- Morton, E. Rupert (Title of a work--Centennial song) (Person)
- Rawlinson, Gloria (Person)
- Burke, Thomas (Title of a work--Song book of Quong Lee of Limehouse.; ) (Person)
- Makaire, Hori (Title of a work--Maori lullaby.; ) (Person)
- Macky, Edna Graham (Title of a work--Adventure and other poems) (Person)
- Humphreys, Thomas (Person)
- Copping, Harold (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Inez Isabel Maud Peacocke (Mrs Isabel M. Cluett) 1881-1973. Writer of light romances and plays, but best known for children's books. She lived at the Masonic Village, Mt Roskill, from 1960 till her death in 1973, and a trunk of her papers was found in storage there in 1993. They were deposited in the Auckland University Library by Barbara M. Smith of the Masonic Village on 14 May 1993. A note on the life and works of Isabel Maud Peacocke may be seen in The book of New Zealand women; edited by Charlotte Macdonald, Merimeri Penfold and Bridget Williams. Wellington : Bridget Williams Books, 1991.
1 metres (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated 14 May 1993 by Barbara Smith manager of the of Roskill Masonic Village, Auckland, where Isabel Peacocke died.
- Inventory of the papers of Isabel Maude Peacocke, 1893-1954.
- Kay Stead
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand