New Zealand Labour Party, Auckland Regional Council records.
Scope and Contents
These records were received by the Library as part of a series of donations of Labour Party material by Dr Barry Gustafson, President of the Auckland Regional Council in 1977 and 1978. These donations contained a mix of material from three organisations as outlined below.
1. A small number of files of the Auckland Labour representation Committee. These records been withdrawn from this collection and integrated into MSS & Archives A-65: New Zealand Labour Party Auckland Labour Representation Committee records, 1939-1969. See inventory for A-65 for complete details.
2. Auckland Regional Advisory Council Files to 1969.
3. Auckland Regional Council files - 1969 onwards.
The records of 2. and 3. can be found in this collection and include minutes, correspondence, financial and subject files; New Statesman and Nation files; electoral rolls for the Auckland district 1972 and the records of the Auckland Regional Advisory Committee (to 1969).
- 1961 - 1975
- New Zealand Labour Party. Auckland Regional Council (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
RESTRICTED. Written permission is required from the President or Secretary of the Auckland Regional Council for access.
Biographical / Historical
The Auckland Regional Council of the New Zealand Labour Party was formed in May 1969. It replaced the Auckland Labour Representation Committee which had been in existence since January 1915.
The Labour Regional Council's were created to co-ordinate Party activities within particular regions with special reference to - election organisations, fundraising, the maintenance of efficient and effective electoral organisation in constituent bodies; the promotion of Labour Party Policy through educational programmes, the regional co-ordination of Party activity in local body elections and participation in regional conferences.
6 metres (61 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by Dr Barry Gustafson, Political Studies Department, 1977.
Existence and Location of Copies
Digital image of Box 42.Folder 1, M.J. Savage election card available.
- Inventory of the records of the Auckland Regional Council of the New Zealand Labour Party, 1961-1975.
- Peter Hughes.
- May 1978
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand