W.T.G (Bill) Airey letter.
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a message to the Spanish Medical Aid Committee:
Sowing the hope of democracy by Bill Airey written in 1937.
- Spanish Medical Aid Committee (Organization)
- Auckland University College (Organization)
- Airey, W. T. G. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Willis Thomas Goodwin Airey (1897-1968), University professor, historian, peace activist. Willis Airey joined the History Dept of Auckland University College as a lecturer in 1929 and was promoted to Associate-Professor in 1947. He retired in 1962, but continued part-time teaching until his death.
For further details see - Michael Bassett.
Airey, Willis Thomas Goodwin - Biography, from the Dictionary of New Zealand Biography. Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, updated 1-Sep-10
0.01 metres (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mr J. Shannon, 1970.
- Auckland University College -- General subdivision--Faculty.;
- College teachers -- New Zealand -- Auckland
- Spain -- History -- Civil War, 1936-1939 -- Civilian relief
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand