New Zealand Values Party, Auckland Branch records.
Scope and Contents
The collection contains Minutes, financial records, correspondence, conference papers, election campaign material, mail outs, press and party policy releases, publications and similar Values Party publicity material.
The material in this collection was given to the Library by Bruce Symondson, Auckland City Council Archivist, in two deposits. The first, received in March 1996, came originally from Chris Patterson who describes himself as
active in the Values Party since the 1972 election. He was Treasurer of the Auckland Branch, but in 1977 became National Treasurer. He stood as Values Party candidate for the Auckland Regional Authority elections in 1977. The files received in the first deposit were his personal collection of papers, dating from 1973 to 1983.
The second deposit, received in October 1997, also from Bruce Symondson, comprised a more general collection of papers from the Auckland Region, possibly maintained by more than one person.
The two collections have been integrated as far as possible, while retaining the files in which they were acquired. There will be some overlap and duplication of material, since papers such as mail-outs, policy releases, etc., which were separately presented in the first deposit, tended to be interfiled with correspondence in the second deposit.
- 1972 - 1987
- New Zealand Values Party. Auckland Region (Organization)
- Auckland Community Coalition (Organization)
- Avondale-Waterview Residents' Association (Organization)
- Coalition for Open Government (N.Z.) (Organization)
- Community Enterprises Loans Trust (Organization)
- New Zealand Values Party. Mount Albert Branch (Organization)
- New Zealand Values Party. Auckland Branch (Organization)
- Patterson, Chris (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
1.5 metres (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred to the University of Auckland Library by Bruce Symondson, Auckland City Council Archivist, in March 1996 with approval of original donor, Chris Patterson. A second deposit of material was received from Bruce Symondson in October 1997. This deposit comprised a more general collection of papers relating to the Auckland region.
- Inventory of the New Zealand Values Party (Auckland Region) records,1972-1985.
- Inventory compiled by Kay Stead
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand