Auckland and Suburban Labourers' Union records.
Scope and Contents
Collection includes minutes for 1912 to 1990, membership rolls and financial records.
- 1912 - 1990
- Auckland and Suburban Local Bodies Labourers' Union (Organization)
- Amalgamated Workers Union of New Zealand (Organization)
- Auckland Labourers' Union (Organization)
- Auckland and Suburban Labourers' Union (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
This union, formed in 1912, rejoined the Auckland Labourers' Union in 1990 which is now called the Amalgamated Workers' Union. For a history of the union see: Gale, James Arthur. The first arbitrationist trade union : the formation of the Auckland and Suburban Local Bodies Labourers' Union ... MA Thesis, Auckland University College, 1953. (THESIS 331.155 G15)
1 metres (2 cartons and 3 volumes)
Language of Materials
In off-site storage. Expect delay of 12-24 hours from time of order.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the Secretary, Amalgamated Workers Union, Auckland Branch, November 1991.
- Inventory of the records of the Auckland and Suburban Labourers' Union, 1912 - 1990.
- Stephen Innes and Katherine Pawley
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Inventory written in English.
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand