Hiroshima Day Committee for Peace (Auckland) records.
Scope and Contents
A collection of leaflets, notices of meetings, posters and photographs of marches. Includes minutes, handwritten and in typescript, from 1967-1970; and four slides used in Auckland cinemas to advertise a Hiroshima Day march in 1968.
- 1960 - 1977
- New Zealand Christian Pacifist Society (Organization)
- NZ Council for World Peace (Organization)
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom. New Zealand Section (Organization)
- Movement Against Nuclear Weapons (Organization)
- Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (N.Z.) (Organization)
- Hiroshima Day Committee for Peace (Auckland) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
The Hiroshima Day Committee was made up of representatives from organisations such as Movement Against Nuclear Weapons, N.Z. Peace Council, Christian Pacifist Society, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, Society of Friends, W.E.A., Peace Workshop, Women's Union, A.S.R.S., Railway Tradesmen's Association, Carpenters' Union, Progressive Youth Movement, Bricklayers' Union, N.Z. Communist Party, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.
0.05 metres (1 folder + 2 boxes of lantern slides.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Bert Roth, November 1981.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand