University of Auckland Library collection of Chinese imperial examination papers and other material.
Scope and Contents
An artificial collection which was gathered by Haiqing Lin, Asian Languages Librarian, it includes Imperial examination papers from the the Qing Dynasty, and other Chinese papers.
- 1801 - 1897
- University of Auckland. Library (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
0.15 metres (6 folders and 1 outsize item.)
Most of the items are quite fragile and all have been placed in acid free folders to provide them with some protection. The anatomical chart is roughly 165 cm long by 50 cm wide and had been folded many times. It is very fragile and looks as though it has previously been backed. To aid its preservation it has now been folded in half and placed in a large folder in poster Cabinet 3 / Drawer 4.
- Inventory of the University of Auckland Library collection of Chinese imperial examination papers and other material, 1801-1897.
- Jian Downing
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand