Tributes to J.A.W. Bennett.
Scope and Contents
The tributes here collected are an address at the Requiem Mass for Professor Jack. A. W. Bennett at Cambridge in February 1981 by the Rev. Simon Barrington-Ward, and an address given at a memorial service held in Magdalen College Chapel, Oxford, in May 1981, by Emrys Jones, Fellow of Magdalen College.
- 1981 - 1981
- Barrington-Ward, Simon (Person)
- Jones, Emrys (Person)
- Bennett, J.A.W. (Jack Arthur Walter) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Jack Arthur Walter Bennett received his first degrees at Auckland University College, specialising in English Language studies. He became successively Fellow and Tutor of Magdalen College, Oxford, and Professor of mediaeval and Renaissance English and Fellow of Magdalene College, Cambridge (1964-1978). He died in 1981.
0.01 metres (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by J. Goldie Brown, Auckland.
- Bennett, J.A.W. (Jack Arthur Walter)
- Funeral orations
- Magdalen College (University of Oxford) -- General subdivision--Faculty.;
- Magdalene College (University of Cambridge) -- General subdivision--Faculty.;
- Medievalists -- Great Britain
- Brown, J.G. (James Goldie) (Person)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand