Taupo electorate. Candidate's notes. (.6cm). , 1962 - 1967
Scope and Contents
These papers were donated to the University Library in 1985 by Dr. Barry Selwyn Gustafson, senior lecturer in Political Studies. They consist of material accumulated by him in the course of his activities as doctoral candidate, and as office bearer, parliamentary candidate, and historian of the New Zealand Labour Party.
The materials therefore are of mixed provenance, having come to Dr Gustafson from a number of sources as follows:
1. as a result of research for his doctoral degree resulting in the publication of Continuing transformation
2. activities as a member and office bearer in the Party including Auckland Regional President 1973 and 1976-1978
3. Research for Labour's path to political independence
4. candidate for Parliament for Remuera 1960 and Taupo 1966
5. the recipient as historian of certain papers including those of the Regional Secretary Ken Hastings for the period 1972-1979. It has not been possible to identify and separate the above parts according to their original provenance since Dr Gustafson was not able to spend time on this task.
A large quantity of publications have been transferred to the general collection. The questionnaire papers used by Dr Gustafson in his researches have been destroyed. A small parcel of memorabilia of Sir William Jordan have been transferred to the Sir. William Jordan Papers A-178. Earlier gifts by Dr Gustafson of NZLP papers which this collection supplements are numbered A-65, A-129, and A-154.
- 1962 - 1967
- From the Collection: New Zealand Labour Party (Organization)
- From the Collection: Gustafson, Barry (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
From the Collection: 1.1 metres (11 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Part of the Special Collections, University of Auckland Repository
5 Alfred Street
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1142 New Zealand