- Existence: 1912-
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
New Zealand Seamen's Union, Auckland Branch further records.
Scope and Contents Collection includes minutes, correspondence and membership records. Some of the minutes are copies relating to the stopwork meetings of other branches. There is considerable overlap with the earlier deposit at MSS & Archives D-8, so that the two collections need to be consulted together. This collection includes J.K. Kneen's manuscript History of the scab union: its formation and dissolution. This union was formed by shipowners during the 1913 waterfront...
Dates: 1897 - 1985
New Zealand Seamen's Union, Auckland Branch records.
Scope and Contents Records of the Auckland Branch of the Union. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, reports and memoranda. Also contained in the collection are minutes, 9 May 1914 - 14 February 1915, of the Auckland Seamen and Firemen's Industrial Union of Workers Executive. This scab union was formed during the 1913 waterfront strike, and ceased to exist when it was absorbed by the Auckland Local Federated Seamen's Industrial Union of workers, which was affiliated to the...
Dates: 1900 - 1962
- Hydrofoil boats 1
- Labor unions -- New Zealand -- Auckland -- History 1
- Labor unions -- New Zealand -- Auckland -- History -- Sources 1
- Merchant mariners -- Labor unions -- New Zealand -- Auckland 1
- Merchant mariners -- Labor unions -- New Zealand -- Auckland -- History -- Sources 1
- Strikebreakers 1
- Tugboats 1
- Waterfront Strike, N.Z., 1913 -- Sources 1 + ∧ less