Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
New Zealand Seamen's Union, Auckland Branch further records.
Scope and Contents Collection includes minutes, correspondence and membership records. Some of the minutes are copies relating to the stopwork meetings of other branches. There is considerable overlap with the earlier deposit at MSS & Archives D-8, so that the two collections need to be consulted together. This collection includes J.K. Kneen's manuscript History of the scab union: its formation and dissolution. This union was formed by shipowners during the 1913 waterfront...
Dates: 1897 - 1985
Wilfred (Bill) McAra papers.
Scope and Contents The papers in this collection cover McAra’s years of study and research into Marxist-Leninist ideology and the problems of the working class. They document his membership of the Communist Party of New Zealand and expulsion from the Party; his activities as a pamphleteer; and aspects of his personal and family life. From the early 1960s the papers and records of Diana Miriam Wilsie, are inextricably mixed with those of McAra. The papers were received by the Library in twenty four...
Dates: 1929 - 1988
- China -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Collective settlements -- New Zealand -- Waikato 1
- Communism -- New Zealand -- History -- Sources 1
- Communism -- Songs and music 1
- Corporations -- New Zealand 1
- Grey Lynn (Auckland, N.Z.) -- History 1
- Hydrofoil boats 1
- Korea (North) -- Foreign relations -- New Zealand 1
- Labor unions -- New Zealand -- Auckland -- History 1
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Economic conditions 1
- Merchant mariners -- Labor unions -- New Zealand -- Auckland 1
- Merchant mariners -- New Zealand -- Auckland -- History -- Sources 1
- New Zealand -- Foreign relations -- Korea (North) 1
- Presidents -- Soviet Union 1
- Socialism -- Songs and music 1
- Soviet Union -- Politics and government -- 1985- 1
- Strikebreakers 1
- Tugboats 1
- Waihi (N.Z.) -- History 1
- Waihi strike, 1912 1
- Waterfront Strike, N.Z., 1913 -- Sources 1
- Whangamata (N.Z.) 1 + ∧ less