- Existence: 1922-
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
4 subjects: Education of Maori children; New Zealand Maori Council, National Conference on recommended changes in Maori land legislation; data papers and conference agenda, Maori Students Federation, Hamilton, 1966; 3 papers relating to the Committee of Inquiry into laws affecting Maori land and powers of the Maori Land Court, 1965 (the Prichard-Waetford Report) including one by Hugh Kawharu.
1. 'Some modern Maoris - a review discussion', Anthropology Department, Auckland University College, ca.1953. 2. 'Maori society today - discussion course', Council of Adult Education, University of Auckland. Introductory paper and 10 numbered lectures, ca.1960.
Collection comprises typescripts of three poems composed by Smithyman to mark the retirement of three collegues, Peter Dane, Bill Pearson and Karl Stead from The University of Auckland English Department. The poems are entitled: 'Peter Dane retiring', 'Words for Bill Pearson', 'Yes (C)K.S.'.
Text of an unpublished verse play. Written when Mason was Burns Fellow at the University of Otago.
Letter and photographs relating to Frank S. Anthony, 1891-1925. Photocopy of holograph, with two copy photographs, one dated 1924, the other 1975. Includes explanatory letter from Professor W.H. Pearson, Dept. of English, University of Auckland. An amended version of the letter appears in the 'New Zealand Listener' January 1978.
Papers for a Workers' Educational Association Discussion Course, of 12 lectures, written by Walter Scott on such topics as the press, propaganda, advertisement and language, etc. Cyclostyled copies were available to W.E.A. centres throughout New Zealand.
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Social conditions 2
- Āhuatanga pāpori 2
- Adult education -- New Zealand 1
- Authors, New Zealand -- Correspondence 1
- Mana whenua 1
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Education 1
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Ethnic identity 1
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Land tenure 1
- Mātauranga 1
- New Zealand drama -- 20th century 1
- New Zealand poetry -- 20th century 1
- Poets, New Zealand 1
- Poets, New Zealand -- Correspondence 1
- Rauemi matua 1
- Sociolingustics -- New Zealand 1
- Tuakiri 1 + ∧ less